Rug Repair in Memphis, Tennessee
From color restoration to hole repair, the integrity and timeless beauty of your oriental rug can be revived with Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery. Our company has been in business for more than 133 years and uses time-tested techniques for the best rug repair in the Mid-South. We treat every rug with care starting with a thorough initial assessment of its current condition. Trust our rug repairs in Memphis, Tennessee, to truly use the best workmanship around.
Oriental Rug Repair Restores Its Beauty
The purpose of owning an oriental rug is to be able to use it in your home and decorate your space with this attention-grabbing piece of décor. You should be able to use it in your living room, style a family room, or welcome family and friends over even if you room features a handmade rug. We complete repairs thoroughly and are able to get the most simple ones finished in one day.
Main Types of Rug Repair Services
Depending on the condition of your rug, we are qualified to correct the damage a handmade rug. Many of our customers come to us because others have turned them down when a project was beyond their expertise. The most common types of rug repair services we handle include:
- Rug Blocking: This service restores the shape of a rug that has lost its shape after years of use. We apply a starch to help it maintain its shape in the long run.
- Fringe Repair: Wear to the end of the rug does cause problem around the fringe. We ravel it, correct the weave, smooth it out, and make the fringe even once again.
- Rug Binding: When a rug does not have fringe but is bound at the edge, restoration of this binding corrects the integrity of the piece.
- Rug Reweaving: This skilled and labor-intensive process is one we are sure to use the right technique and material for reweaving. We fix holes, moth damage, and more with reweaving.
- Rug Patching: This service is economical and is done by patching from another rug with a similar pattern. You’d be surprised to see just how exact our work can look.
- Touch-Up Dying: It is fairly common for older rugs to lose their color and show signs of white flecks. We take care of this problem with replacing the damage by color filling.
Repair Issues Before They Cause Significant Damage
Just like a tear in a piece of clothing, repairing issues before they get worse prevents major damage. The edge of your rug will only continue to fray as long as the damage is ignored. We are qualified professionals educated in the field of both repairing damage and preventing further problems. Based on the changes we have to make, our professionals can recommend several ways to prevent similar damage in the future.
Trust us to complete rug repair services to exceed your satisfaction and to change your rug’s appearance. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug repair. We are proud to serve clients in Memphis, Germantown, Southaven, Cordova, Ellendale, and West Memphis, Tennessee, and the surrounding areas.